Peninsula College’s High School+ (HS+) program helps you earn your high school diploma at your own pace. You can attend class in person, from home, or work independently online. Most important, you just work on the credits you need!
You can earn credits by completing assignments and/or sharing your life and work experience. With your high school diploma, you can go straight onto college or into the workforce.
- Recognizes competency acquired through life experience as well as class time.
- Students must be 18 or over to receive their diploma. You may begin working toward your diploma before turning 18.
- Cost: $25/ quarter (financial aid is available).
- Credits earned in high school count toward current graduation requirements.
- Depending on how many credits were earned in high school, students can receive their degree in as little as 10 weeks.
- The Peninsula College high school diploma is equivalent to one offered by any high school.
- Earn credits through life experience or assignments in class.
- Flexible schedule: morning, afternoon, and evening classes are available.
- More than one way to learn: come to class in person, attend class from home, or work independently.
- Earn just the credits you need at the pace that's right for you.
Prior Learning Credit
Unlike the GED®, HS+ allows you to demonstrate skills you already have. The Prior Learning Credit feature allows you to document any knowledge and experience you have and earn credits. Examples include:
- Certificates such as forklift, flagger and food handlers
- Licenses including commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Trainings like Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Work Hours
- Borrow a laptop while in our program and keep it when you reach your goal.
- Get help from our free tutoring services
- Receive a free bus pass
- Access a food pantry
Must be 16 or older. Students may begin classes at age 16, but will not earn their diploma until age 18.
Special eligibility may apply for underage students and international students. Please call if you have questions.
Tuition for all Transitional Studies programs is $25 per quarter. Financial aid is available.
For more information, please call 360-417-6380 or toll free 1-877-452-9277, ext. 6380 or email TShelp@pencol.edu.