Sign up for a Running Start Information Session
Have questions? Register for an information session below to learn how to enroll in Running Start.
- Wednesday, February 15, on Zoom at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, March 2, Port Angeles campus tour at 6:30 pm, followed by presentation and student/faculty panel at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 22, on Zoom and in-person sessions at 5:30 pm held at Port Townsend and Forks sites
- Thursday, April 13, Port Angeles campus tour at 6:30 pm, followed by presentation and student/faculty panel at 7:00 pm
What is Running Start?
If you’re a high school junior or senior, you might be able to take college courses without paying tuition.
You can attend Peninsula College full time, or you can attend part time and still take some classes at your high school. Either way, you’ll meet high school graduation requirements and earn college credits* at the same time… tuition free.
New for 2022-2023, Running Start students pursuing a Professional Technical certificate or degree can also get the cost of their fees, books, supplies, and testing covered. Depending on which program you pursue, supplies might include laptops, welding gear, scrubs and stethoscopes, or a camera.
Spend less time in school and save thousands with Running Start.
* Peninsula College credits transfer to other Washington state colleges and universities. Transfer credit may vary when applying to out-of-state colleges and universities.
Registration is open until the first day of the quarter. To get started, check the Assessment & Placement Center webpage for information about alternative placements and testing options.
Read about Running Start graduates
- Sarah and Ryan McCarthey, who own and operate the Dungeness Valley Creamery.
- Sydney Roberts, who is attending medical school.
Cindy Lauderback, Manager of High School Programs
Toll-free: 1 (877) 452-9277, Ext. 6341
Port Townsend Branch