COVID19 UPDATE - All in-person testing has been suspended until further notice. Review Interim alternative placement info for regular students or for potential Running Start students. If no alternative options are appropriate, you may complete the ACCUPLACER test via the Virtual Testing Option listed below.
Alternative placement documents may continue to be submitted to email@example.com for review. Please contact us through that email if you have questions.
Our in-person placement testing is suspended, but you can test using the ACCUPLACER virtual testing partner, Examity. Here are the requirements to be able to do virtual testing:
- A computer or laptop with a webcam, a microphone and a high speed internet connection.
- A space with no interruptions and a clean desk with only a computer, keyboard, mouse, scratch paper and a pencil/pen. The proctor will scan the testing area.
- No phones, calculators or smart watches are allowed. You may be asked to stop and scan the testing area if suspicious activity occurs during the test (talking, looking away from screen, etc.)
- You will be required to show valid ID (government issue or school ID with photo)
You will pay a $20 ACCUPLACER testing fee and, during this time when we can’t offer in-person testing, Peninsula College will pay the additional virtual testing fee.
You will need your Peninsula College SID (student id number) to schedule a virtual test. After you complete your online Peninsula College application, you will receive a student ID number that you can use when you sign up for the virtual test from the link below.
Access the virtual testing option. Please disregard the statement on the request form that says the student will have to pay the additional $25 for the virtual service. Make sure the name you enter matches the name on the photo ID you will be using when you take the test.
When your $20 testing fee has been processed, you will receive an email with information on how to schedule your virtual test. When you have completed the assessment, you will receive another email with your placement information and next steps.
Not All Students Need to Test
Alternative course placement options are available such as Smarter Balanced scores, New! SAT/ACT scores, high school transcripts and college transcripts. See Interim Alternative Placement Options in the documents below.
Getting Prepared is Highly Recommended - We now use the Next Generation version of ACCUPLACER.
- Important things to know on the ACCUPLACER Information Sheet
To further your preparation try these resources:
Assessment and Placement Center
Toll Free: 1-877-452-9277 ext. 6346
Fax: (360) 417-6416