The Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) supports Washington students on their path to high-demand trade, health care, and STEM occupations. To be eligible, scholars must enroll in an approved program, such as welding, nursing or IT, at one of Washington’s 34 community and technical colleges. Scholars are eligible to receive $1,500 each quarter for the duration of their program, as well as support services.
The application is open as of September 21, 2021 for the Winter 2022 quarter. The application deadline for a Winter award is October 24, 2021, and the application closes at 11:59pm.
Application Openings & Deadlines for 2021-22:
Fall: Application opens April 14, 2021 and closes June 6, 2021
Winter: Application opens September 21, 2021 and closes October 24, 2021
Spring: Application opens January 5, 2022 and closes February 6, 2022
General Applicant Eligibility:
- Must be a WA State resident.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be pursuing an eligible program (list of Eligible Programs - scroll down the list to Peninsula College) in high-demand trades, science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care.
- Must not already have a bachelor's degree (i.e., a four-year degree.)
- Must be enrolling in an eligible WA State college or university, and planning to enroll at least half-time (6+ credits) for Fall term.
- Must file the 2021-22 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
(If you are not a U.S. citizen, you can file the WASFA to apply for State aid at: http://readysetgrad.org/wasfa )
- Must be below the family income level criteria on the chart here.
General Application Process:
- Complete and submit the online application here. It will require approx. 60 - 90 minutes to complete; you can save your progress and come back to it later. (Sign up to create an account if you are a new applicant.)
- Mail your high school or college transcript if needed (transcripts can be unofficial.) Transcripts must be postmarked no later than the scholarship application deadline.
1414 31st Ave. S., Suite 302
Seattle, WA 98144
- Complete and submit the 2021-2022 FAFSA as soon as possible (or by the scholarship application deadline.)
- Scholarship winners will be notified via email in July, and must accept or decline the award. Email notifications will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.