"Through the Passport to College program, students receive a scholarship that assists with the cost of attending college (tuition, fees, books, housing, transportation, and some personal expenses), support services from college staff, and priority consideration for the WA College Grant (also known as the State Need Grant) and State Work Study programs." -Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC)
Peninsula College offers a $5,000 yearly Passport scholarship to eligible students enrolled at least half-time (6+ credits) who are making Satisfactory Academic Progress each quarter.
Additional Funding: The Passport Scholar Success Fund (PSSF), formerly known as the Barrier Removal Grant (BRG) program, is designed to help Passport Scholars address one-time expenses to support their enrollment, re-enrollment, persistence and completion. Award amounts are dependent on the scholar’s unique circumstance and need, but typically range from $50 – $1,000.
- Have been in Washington state, federal, or tribal foster care after age 13 (or) be verified as an unaccompanied homeless youth (or an unaccompanied youth at risk of being homeless)
- Enroll at least half-time in an eligible college, apprenticeship, or pre-apprenticeship before their 22nd birthday.
- Not yet reached their 27th birthday.
- Maintain Washington residency.
- Not pursuing a degree in theology.
- Be working toward earning their first bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or certificate, or pre-apprenticeship or apprenticeship.
Definition of Terms:
"Unaccompanied" means to not be in the physical custody of a parent or legal guardian, and to be without their financial support.
"Homeless" means without fixed, permanent, and/or adequate housing.
"At risk of homelessness" means temporarily living with others because you do not have a place to call your own.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Passport Consent Form and send it to:
Washington Student Achievement Council
Passport for Foster Youth Promise Program
PO Box 43430
Olympia, WA 98504-3430
- Contact one of the Designated Support Staff listed below to provide an explanation of your circumstances. The support staff will determine your eligibility.
- For more info on the program:
Phone: 1-888-535-0747, option 3
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. Or, if you are not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, you can file the WA Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) at www.readysetgrad.wa.gov/wasfa.
Passport Designated Support Staff at Peninsula College:
Student Success Coach: