Upon completion of your financial aid (FAFSA) file, students are reviewed each fall (on a first-come first-serve basis) for Opportunity Grant eligibility.
To prepare for the next review process, start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here for the financial aid application steps and deadlines.
Note: The FAFSA becomes available each year online starting October 1st.
The Opportunity Grant Overview:
The Opportunity Grant program assists low-income Washington state residents who have not yet earned a degree (Associate or higher). The Opportunity Grant program at Peninsula College can provide funding for tuition/fees and books/supplies for eligible adults for up to 45 credits in the following programs:
- Addiction Studies*
- Administrative Office Systems Accounting Option
- Advanced Manufacturing/Composites*
- Automotive Technology*
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood*
- Construction Technology*
- Information Technology
- Medical Assistant*
- Welding Technology*
- 18 years or older
- Income eligible based on financial need
- Have earned less than an Associates Degree
- Completion of the FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) or that shows financial need
- Willing to enroll in a 2-3 credit OG support class during the academic year you are receiving OG funding.
- Washington State Resident
*Non-citizens can receive Opportunity Grant funds if they meet the eligibility guidelines. Noncitizen students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).
To Apply: Opportunity Grant Application
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Opportunity Grant Coordinator