Is English not your native language? Do you need to improve your English language skills so you can be employed? Do you need help with your English language skills so you can enter college courses and earn college credits? We can help!
ELA classes, sometimes called ESL, can help you
- Identify your English reading, writing, listening, and speaking levels
- Learn English language skills you need for work
- Improve English listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Learn job-search techniques, emergency and survival words, and coping skills
Our ELA course (sometimes called ESL) offers beginning, intermediate, and advanced level classes for adults who live in Clallam and Jefferson counties. Conversation, pronunciation, reading, writing, grammar and composition are taught with an emphasis on language skills.
- Borrow a laptop while you are enrolled in ELA
- If you continue your education at PC, you can keep the laptop
- For more information about the Transitional Studies Laptop Access Program, click here
Must be 18 years or older. Special eligibility may apply for underage students and international students. Please call if you have any questions.
Tuition for all Transitional Studies programs is $25 per quarter. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Sean Gomez, Chair - English Language Acquisition
Port Angeles Campus
Ann Katsikapes, Faculty - English Language Acquisition
Fort Worden Campus