Peninsula College has received an additional allocation of emergency grant funds through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III); currently enrolled students can apply here.
Two other emergency funds are also still available:
- Finish Line Fund: If you are within 20 credits of graduation and are experiencing a financial emergency, apply here to be considered for this grant.
- Get-it-Done Fund: If you are completing your high school credential and encounter a financial barrier, apply here to be considered for this grant.
The 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides direct emergency cash grants to college students whose lives and educations have been disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak.
Students taking classes at Peninsula College while concurrently pursuing their program at another college (often referred to as a consortium agreement) are not eligible to apply for CARES grants at Peninsula. They should apply for financial assistance through their home college (where they are pursuing their degree or certificate). Note that CARES grants are contingent on eligibility and availability of funds.
CARES Grant Overview:
The CARES Grant is for cost-of-attendance expenses for things such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare, AND related emergency expenses that arise due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Do you have to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid?
No, not as of this time, but the rules may change. CARES Grants are not considered federal financial aid, but to be eligible, even if you did not file a FAFSA, you must meet all of the following criteria.
1. Be enrolled in at least one for-credit class.
- Grants are $2,000 per student per quarter
- CARES Grants will not affect any federal or state financial aid students may be receiving
- Funds are disbursed via BankMobile
CARES Grant Compliance Information
Please go to https://pencol.edu/emergency-funding/cares-grant-compliance-information to see the College's updates for its implementation of CARES grants for students
CARES Grant Coordinator