Instructions for 2023 PC Commencement
The 2023 Commencement moves back into our air-conditioned PC gym this year with ceremonies at 11 am and 2:30 pm, depending on the degree or certificate you earned, on Saturday, June 17.
11:00: Degrees in Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Applied Science, Associate in Nursing, One-Year Certificate, and High School diplomas.
- 9:30-10:00: Arrive at the Little Theater to check in and pick up your name card.
- 9:30-10:15: Enjoy our photo booth.
- 10:15: Orientation in the Little Theater.
- 10:30: Line up to march on the sidewalk east of the clock tower
- 10:55: March into venue behind the Board of Trustees, Faculty and a 12-piece bagpipe band
- 11:00-12:15: Graduation ceremony
- 12:15: Reception on Robins’ Green (lawn behind PUB, or in the PUB should it rain).
Please be careful exiting the parking lot. There will likely be grads arriving for the 2:30 ceremony at the same time.
2:30: Degrees in Associate in Arts, Associate in Business, Associate in Computer Science, Associate of Science.
- 1:00-1:30: Arrive at the Little Theater to check in and pick up your name card.
- 1:00-1:45: Enjoy our photo booth.
- 1:45: Orientation in the Little Theater.
- 2:00: Line up to march on the sidewalk east of the clock tower
- 2:25: March into venue behind the Board of Trustees, Faculty and a 12-piece bagpipe band
- 2:30-3:45: Graduation ceremony
- 3:45: Reception on Robins’ Green (lawn behind PUB, or in the PUB should it rain).
Here are some other details:
- There is no rehearsal. You will be given instructions on what to do prior to lining up to march. You will be issued a card with your name to be announced when you cross the stage.
- Guest seating (family and friends) will begin one hour prior to the ceremony you are attending. Please contact Rick Ross (information below) if you, or a guest, has a documented disability requiring special arrangements.
- Each graduate will receive 4 tickets. Once we know how many are participating, we will notify you via email should there be an opportunity to obtain additional tickets.
- The ceremony will be live streamed and recorded for family members and friends who can’t be there in person: https://nwacsportsnetwork.com/peninsula/
- Leave your valuables with your family or at home. We don’t have a place to store them while you march.
- We will begin lining up 20-30 minutes prior to the ceremony you are attending. The BAS grads will lead the first group into the gym (11:00) and the ASC will lead the second group (2:30). Otherwise, you will simply form two evenly populated lines. The person in front and behind you are who you will sit next to.
- Your tassel should be on the right side of your mortar board.
- You will march into the venue by Pomp and Circumstance. Remain standing until President Ames asks you to be seated.
- When the time comes for Dr. Thomas to call you up to the stage to receive your diploma, please do so one row at a time. Each row will be signaled when to rise and come forward.
- We will have tape on the floor of the stage showing you where to stop for your photo. All photos will be posted after the ceremony for you to download and share (free). https://www.flickr.com/photos/pcpirates/
- We ask that you please respect the integrity of this college graduation ceremony by refraining from celebrating with any beach balls, noise makers, etc. until the event is over. Then have a blast!
- When the ceremony concludes, please wait for our ushers to signal for you to exit, one row at a time. You will reunite with your guests on Robins’ Green (lawn south of the PUB) for a reception.
Please email me with your questions. I’m also providing my cell for graduation day emergency needs.
Rick Ross, Associate Dean for Athletics and Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org 360-460-0490