PLEASE NOTE: The term ESL (English as a Second Language) has been changed by the language learning community and is now called ELA (English Language Acquisition).
Is English not your native language? Do you need to improve your English so you can be employed? Do you need help with your English so you can enter regular college courses? We can help!
ELA classes can help you:
• Identify your English level
• Learn English skills you will need on the job
• Improve listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
• Learn job-search techniques, emergency and survival words, and coping skills
Our ELA (English Language Acquisition) course offers beginning, intermediate, and advanced level classes for adults who are residing within the college district. Conversation, pronunciation, reading, writing, grammar and composition are taught with an emphasis on language skills. Those adults who are in the United States on student or visitor visas are not eligible for these classes.
• Adults who are 16 years of age or older.
You must register in person at the location you wish to attend during class time and speak with the instructor about your interest in registering. Please refer to the following schedules.