Community Education Policies
Peninsula College issues refunds in the original payment type. Refunds of course fees will be given as follows:
- If a course is cancelled by Community Education, the student will receive a complete refund.
- If a student withdraws three (3) business days prior to the first class session, the student will receive a complete refund, less registration fees. Please note, we cannot refund registration fees for students who withdraw.
- If a student withdraws less than three (3) business days prior to the first class session, the student will not be refunded.
- If the student does not attend class, the student will not be refunded.
- If the student stops attending class, the student will not be refunded.
Minimum Enrollment for a CE Class to Run
Community Education programs are supported by course fees; therefore, courses must meet minimum enrollments to cover costs. We cancel courses only when absolutely necessary, but we reserve the right to do so, as well as to reschedule courses and/or change instructors.
When courses are canceled due to low enrollment, we will make every effort to notify students by email before the start date. If a course is canceled, students may transfer to another course within the same quarter. If students choose not to transfer, they will receive a full refund.
Classes with low enrollment are subject to being rescheduled. If you are enrolled in a class that is rescheduled, you will receive notification of the new class dates.
Changes and Closures
Due to circumstances beyond our control, locations and times may be changed during the quarter. We will contact you by email to notify you of these changes. Updated information will also be posted to the online class registration page.
Weather and Emergency Cancellation Policy
If Peninsula College closes campus due to inclement weather or emergencies, Community Education classes will also be canceled. Peninsula College operates under a different campus policy than the K-12 Public School system. If the grade schools are closed, it is possible that Peninsula College will still be running classes. It is the student’s responsibility to stay informed. When classes are canceled due to inclement weather or emergency situations, Community Education will schedule makeup class sessions if possible.
Peninsula College closure will be announced on the Peninsula College webpage, Facebook, and KNOP radio station.
Children and Community Education
Children of any age, including infants, are not allowed in Community Education classes unless the class is specifically designed for children. We also ask that you not let your child roam the college campus unattended as it can be very disruptive to the learning process and is unsafe for your child.
For FAQs please click here.