Clallam and Jefferson counties are full of natural wonders, cultural experiences, local events, and outdoor activities that have transformed the Olympic Peninsula into the premiere destination for outdoor enthusiast in Washington State. Olympic National Park averages over 3 million visitors per year creating a high demand for customer service oriented hospitality, ecotourism and recreational workers, who appreciate nature, promote conservation and are environmentally and culturally responsible.
The Peninsula College Hospitality and Ecotourism program is designed to prepare students to work in fields that serve visitors on the Olympic Peninsula. Foundation courses introduce students to hospitality, ecotourism, marketing, and human relations. Core courses expand student knowledge and skills in hotel facilities and technology, event management, marketing, ecotourism, tourism policy and planning, and accounting. Capstone courses provide practicum experience and opportunity for service learning projects with local employers. Students are required to have access to computer, internet, and browser. This degree can be completed online.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts related to the tourism sector and hospitality services.
- Plan, organize and facilitate recreational and business related events.
- Apply customer relations in a business setting.
- Develop an operational plan for hospitality services, tourist accommodations, green lodging, facilities, technology and sustainable ecotourism.
- Evaluate technology utilized in the Hospitality industry.
- Apply critical thinking skills to solve problems related to hospitality, tourism and food service management.
Gainful Employment (GE) is a federal reporting and disclosure requirement for programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. This information is provided in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Programs Disclosure regulations. Information will be regularly updated as new data becomes available.