Plan with your Advisor
Advisors help you identify possible courses for the upcoming quarters and provide advice and guidance to help you meet your educational goals and plans.
- If you are working towards a Peninsula College two-year degree, one year certificate or the Bachelor in Applied Science degree, you are required to meet with an advisor prior to registration each quarter.
- You are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor if you are not seeking a degree, but are completing pre-requisites needed for a degree at another college or university.
- If you are taking classes for professional development, personal enrichment or working towards PC Mini-certificates, you are welcome to meet with an advisor, but it is not required.
If you are unsure if you are degree seeking, call Pirate Central at (360) 417-6340.
Once you have applied, and completed placement and orientation, you may contact Pirate Central to schedule an advising appointment to meet with a professional advisor located in the Student Development Center.
Advisors are available to help you:
- Explore your career and educational goals and plans
- Select your courses for your first quarter at PC
- Develop an educational pathway from your first quarter to degree completion.
- Plan for transfer to a four-year college or university
- Refer to other college services and resources
- With online registration
After your first quarter, each student is assigned to a faculty advisor.
- Each quarter you will receive an email that includes:
- Your assigned faculty advisor information
- Advising/registration instructions
- Each quarter you will need to meet with your faculty advisor during Advising Week to:
- Get your registration PIN #
- Get the date/time you can register
You can meet with a professional advisor in Student Development during other periods of the quarter should you need to add/drop a class, discuss transfer plans, or have general advising questions.
A Professional Advisor in Student Development is available each quarter during the first week of the quarter to help you make a changes to your schedule or to answer quick questions.
Running Start Students:
- You will meet with a professional advising team member (assignment based on high school) the entire time you are a Running Start student
- You will meet with an advisor during Early Advising, which begins approximately one week prior to Advising Week
- You will need to meet with a professional advisor to make changes to their schedule
- You will receive an email notification reminding them of the process each quarter.
Students on Academic Probation:
- Students who earn a cumulative GPA below a 2.0 for two consecutive quarters will be placed on academic probation.
- You will work specifically with the probation advisor, not your previous faculty advisor or Running Start team
- If you earn a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, you will return to good academic standing and will go back to working with you faculty or Running Start advisor.
Schedule an Appointment:
Professional advising is available on campus, or by phone. To schedule an appointment contact:
Peninsula College at Port Angeles:
Student Development Center
Toll-free in Washington: 1-877-452-9277, Ext. 6340
Academic advising services are also available at your local campus:
Peninsula College at Port Townsend: (360) 385-4605
Peninsula College at Forks: (360) 374-3223
Faculty advisors see students during advising week only and should be contacted directly. Faculty contact information can be found in the Staff and Faculty Directory http://www.pencol.edu/faculty-staff .