To register for accommodations you will need to provide comprehensive medical documentation AND submit an online registration form (linked below).
Online Registration Form:
Medical documentation must:
- come from a professional who is licensed/certified in the area for which the diagnosis is made.
- include information on the present impact of the diagnosis and the treatment plan, if appropriate.
- be accompanied by medically relevant test results.
**Please see the Medical Documentation Requirements chart at the bottom of the page for details on what specific information documentation should include.
Documentation can be provided in two ways:
- letterhead stationery, and/or official medical records. Also provide any medically relevant test results. OR
- a completed SSD Verification (linked at the bottom of this page)
IEP and 504 Plan will be reviewed but often does not include diagnostic information needed.
You may need to submit separate disability documentation if you have multiple disabilities for which you are requesting accommodation services.
Examples of Insufficient Documentation of Disability:
- Hand written notes on prescription (Rx) pads are not sufficient.
- Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and/or 504 Plans are generally not considered sufficient documentation unless they contain required diagnosis information (often it contains goals and progress information, not diagnostics).
- Documentation written by family members is not sufficient.
Please submit requests for accommodations at least four weeks before you plan on accessing them. This timeline also applies to changes and updates to established accommodations.
Temporary (one to two quarter need) Accommodation Plans may be approved by the Dean of Student Services. To request on a temporary basis please complete this online Temporary SSD Registration form.You will need documentation for this request as well.