Electronic Information Systems (EIS) Acceptable Use Guidelines:
In general, the same ethical conduct that applies to the use of all college resources and facilities applies to the use of electronic media.
- EISs are to be used for college-related purposes and goals as defined by statute,administrative code and/or board policy.
- College EISs must be used in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- All data and software housed on college EISs must comply with federal copy right law.
- No duplication of copyrighted material is permissible.
- Users shall be solely responsible for messages, files, or screens that they store and/or transmit through the college’s EISs.
- Only authorized users may use EIS accounts administered by Peninsula College.
- Users are responsible for all use of their computer accounts.
- Users must not share their accounts or disclose their access codes.
- No one shall deliberately attempt to modify or alter an EIS, including the unauthorized loading of software to system hard drives.
- No one shall degrade the performance of an EIS or block access to others.
- No one shall knowingly introduce invasive computer software, such as viruses,on college systems.
- No one shall improperly access or attempt to access, misuse or misappropriate information/files.
- Users who access another organization’s network or computing resources (e.g.,Internet services provided by the Communications Technology Consortium) must comply with the rules and policies of that organization.
- Users must remember that information distributed through the college’s computing and networking systems is a form of publishing and must comply with the same standards required for printed information.
- All users shall comply with the K20 Network Conditions of Use and Acceptable Use Policy:(College Policy #530)