* Tuition rates are subject to change by the Washington State Legislature and/or the Peninsula College Board of Trustees. With few exceptions, all students pay, included in their tuition, a Student Technology Fee of $10.00 per credit, a Graduation Fee of $3.50 per quarter, a Wellness (Fitness) Center Fee of $2.00 per credit, and a Transportation Fee of $16.00 per quarter.
2020 - 2021 Tuition
(Beginning Fall Quarter, 2020)
- Washington State Resident Tuition
- U.S. Citizen Non-Resident Waiver
- Military Non-Resident (Same as Washington State Resident Tuition)
- Eligible Veterans and Dependents
- Baccalaureate Washington State Resident
- Baccalaureate Non-Resident US Citizen
- Baccalaureate Non-Resident International
- Baccalaureate - Eligible Veterans
Laboratory and Technology Fees
Additional fees may apply based on the class(s) you register for. See the searchable online Class Schedule for fees attached to specific courses.
Up to $50.00 per class
This fee applies to courses that require the use of equipment and supplies for the purpose of instruction. There is a variable fee up to $50.00 per class for any five-credit Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Geography, Geo Science, Physics, or Zoology class that has an “L” designator. This fee does not apply to online lab courses. The Laboratory Fee is refundable only through the 100% refund period or if the class is canceled.
$10.00 per credit
A $10.00 fee per credit is charged to all classes (except for Basic Education for Adults and Family Life Education). This fee funds labs, learning centers, and the Library/Media Center, as well as Wi-Fi and bandwidth demands for instruction and research. Technology fees are refundable only through the 100% refund period or if the class is cancelled.
Student Self-Assessed Fee
$3.50 per quarter
Peninsula College students voted to assess themselves the Graduation Fee in 2019. The purpose of the fee is to provide graduation apparel to all students. The fee makes the commencement ceremony more available to students with limited financial resources, since the previous cost of the graduation package was $45-$60 per student.
$16.00 per quarter
A student-voted fee of $16.00 will be charged on a quarterly basis for each credit-taking student to provide parking passes and bus passes with Clallam County and Jefferson County Transit. Excluded from this fee are any Continuing Education and Contracted courses and Board-approved tuition waivers. Students who are excluded due to certain tuition waivers may individually purchase a bus pass and/or parking pass for $8.00 each. These fees are non-refundable. Bus passes will be available for pick-up at the start of the quarter in the Student Services D-Building.
Wellness (Fitness) Center Fee
$2.00 per credit
In Spring Quarter of 2010, students approved a self-assessed fee of $2.00/credit starting Summer Quarter 2011. This fee covers capital improvements to the Center. It is not a usage fee. Contact the Associated Student Council (ASC) at (360) 417-6432 for more information on student self-assessed fees, their use, and how they are established.
- Emergency Medical Technician: $42.00 per credit plus the Technology Fee and Wellness (Fitness) Center Fee
- First Aid: $101.42 per credit plus the Wellness (Fitness) Center Fee
- Adult Special Interest Course: $34.00 per credit
- Parent Education: $14.00 per credit
- High School Completion 1-10 credits: $17.00 per credit
- High School Completion 11-18 credits: $55.94 per credit
- Additionally, high school completion students pay the Wellness (Fitness) Center Fee, The Transportation Fee, and the Graduation Fee described above.
State Support of Higher Education
Through Opportunity Pathways, Washington State provides a variety of financial aid programs to help students and their families pay for college. Pursuant to RCW 28B.15.0681, the state gives the approximate level of state support received by students. The following represents an average level of support for a full-time equivalent, lower-division Washington resident student attending community and technical colleges in Washington for the academic year 2020-2021.
- Total Instructional Support Per FTE Student $8,640
- Tuition Operating Fee* $3,192
- Net State Support per FTE Student** $5,448
*The Tuition Operating Fee is equal to the operating fee for a full-time student in lower division classes.
**Net State Support is the amount paid by the state from various sources including taxes and other funds.
This information is published in compliance with RCW 28B.15.0681 and is updated annually.